Monday, July 5, 2010

Hawaii 2010: Day 1


Last June 18-24, 2010, me and my friend Ricci went to Hawaii for the first time, we stayed in the island of O'ahu. It was beautiful! We decided to do all the 'touristy' things to experience the place. We arrived at O'ahu on June 18. We checked in and decided to walk around the hotel area. Our hotel could not have been more perfect. It was on a busy strip with lots of restaurants and shops. On one side you have the beach, on the other, such high end shops like Gucci and Prada. It was a very long flight so after a short walk and dinner, we headed back. (view from the hotel)

June 19, 2010: Our official first day. I woke up at 3:30 AM! I didn't realize I would be jet-lagged and would have to adjust to the time difference considering I was still in US territory! I've traveled back and forth to the Philippines and never have I been messed up by time difference. Anyway, good thing I was able to go back to sleep. For the next 3 days, I would wake up around the same time.


We started the day with an "Activity Orientation" while having breakfast by the hotel pool side. They talked about the different activities offered by "Outrigger" (they're with Expedia). We decided to book the Circle Island Tour and the Ali'i Package of the Polynesian Cultural Center. After the orientation, we headed off to the beach. We stayed a good 3 hours just reading, lounging around and doing nothing besides watching the surfers. In the afternoon, we headed off to check out the shops. We ended up in the International Marketplace where they have little kiosks where you can buy different Hawaiian souvenirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment